Life can be tough. Sometimes when everything seems to being going well, life just yanks you down like a rollercoaster and takes you through its twist and turns. It makes you feel miserable and weak. Like all hope is lost, and that there is nothing you can do about it.
But I urge you NEVER lose hope.
While life has been able to break the strongest of spirits, it is also witness to the millions who have been resilient and have fought back; People who have mustered all of their courage and have wrestled with their problems; People who have come out victorious.
It is these people who you can learn from in times of need. I personally feel that a quote embodies the experience of a lifetime, and that by simply reading a quote you can instantly look into another person’s soul (of somebody who has went through a similar experience) and learn from it.
For this reason I personally love to read quotes. And I feel that these 26 quotes about strength are some of the best in terms of re-strengthening you mind and spirit. They have helped me a lot to revitalize my strength and I hope they help you as well.
1. "God Does not Burden a Soul Beyond What It Can Bear" – The Quran, 2:286
2. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
3. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
4. “Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.” – Tony Robbins
5. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
6. “It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.” ― Vincent van Gogh
7. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that's what makes you strong.” ― Sarah Dessen
8. “We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
11."You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." – Marcus Aurelius
12. “True strength is keeping everything together when everyone expects you to fall apart.” – Unknown
13. “Strength of character means the ability to overcome resentment against others, to hide hurt feelings, and to forgive quickly.” – Lawrence G. Lovasik
14. “To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, and to learn you must first fail.” – Wesley Woo
15. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
16. “Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
17. “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
19. “Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.” – Louise Erdrich
20. “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
21. "When adversity strikes, that's when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded and press on." - LL Cool J
22. “If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee
23. “Be strong. Live honorably and with dignity. When you don't think you can, hold on.” ― James Frey
24. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve
25. “Real strength is not just a condition of one's muscle, but a tenderness in one's spirit.” – McCallister Dodds
26. “Nobody will believe in you unless you believe in yourself.” – Liberace
Best of Luck!