The new year is finally here! Over the past few months, you may have spent a lot of time indulging in various customs and routines. Now with 2020 here, you have probably created a list of a couple of things you hope to add, remove, or improve on, in your life.
Personally, as much as I try, I usually am not able to complete every resolution on my new year’s list – which can be quite frustrating. I decided I needed more inspiration and motivation to help me complete all my goals. That was when I came across quotes! I love reading quotes and I feel they can be very helpful and inspiring in every aspect of life.
Quotes are small but mighty! They are wise ideas summed up into little phrases and depending on how we’re feeling, there is always a quote that can relate! So with the new year upon us, I felt a list of quotes was a must! The new year is an exciting time for us and with all the resolutions we hope to complete, quotes are what can help us stay focused and motivated.
This list of 37 inspirational quotes for the 2020 new year that I compiled is full of advice for us all. I hope these quotes will help all of you with your 2020 new year’s resolutions, as well as those who are still working on past years’ resolutions. Best of Luck!
37 Inspirational Quotes for the New Year!
- The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking. ― Albert Einstein
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying. – Marc & Angel
- You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of. – Jim Rohn
- The saddest people I’ve ever met in life are the ones who don’t care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there’s nothing to make it last. ― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. – Henry Askins
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
- When one door is closed, don`t you know, another is open. – Bob Marley
- Having a dream, living that dream, losing that dream, dreaming again and then having that dream come true again is one of the greatest feelings ever because I`m stronger. – Aaron Carter
- Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. – Charles R. Swindol
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford
- If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
- Do one thing every day that scares you. ― Eleanor Roosevelt
- If you would attain to what you are not yet, you must always be displeased by what you are. For where you are pleased with yourself there you have remained. Keep adding, keep walking, keep advancing. – Saint Augustine
- Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy. – Norman Vincent Peale
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
- Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins. – Charles Stanley
- Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way.― Sheri L. Dew
- Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change. ― Taylor Swift
- For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning. ― T.S. Eliot
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes.
- What do you need in the new year? You need a dream; your dream needs an action, and your action needs right thinking! Without right thinking, you can have only unrealized dreams!―
- Let me give you a new year message: Believe in yourself because no one ever achieved anything significant without believing in himself and no one ever will! Believe in yourself powerfully, especially when there is no reason left to believe in yourself because the ultimate bottom is the best place to start a big rise! ―
- Life has no remote, so wake up and change it. ―
- I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written. ―
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is new year’s Day. ― Edith Lovejoy Pierce
- You are never too old to reinvent yourself. ― Steve Harvey
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. ― Martin Luther King
- What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet. ― Anne Frank
- New year — a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours. ― Alex Morritt
- The best way to predict the future is to create it. ― Abraham Lincoln
Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas and progress. ― Charles Kettering
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ― Carl Bard
- The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. ― Socrates
Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes next year and forever. ― Neil Gaiman
- Celebrate endings—for they precede new beginnings. —Jonathan Lockwood Huie