Adults often teach children not to lie, however, most children do lie to escape the punishment and to hide their mistakes. Many times, they find their elders lying. Liars are those who say something that they don’t know and believe, misleading a person. Notwithstanding your words and hiding something is also a lie. Moreover, liars tend to avoid eye contact and answer questions.
Now the question arises why people lie! We continually face different situations in life. Every situation puts us in a position to make a decision. Evil emotions like jealousy, hatred, etc., and selfishness make us walk the path of lies and betrayal. Some of us lie to pretend what we are not to be socially accepted. Sometimes, we wait for the right time to speak up the truth.
Often, we have to keep the secret to ourselves and have to lie. We might do it because the people around us don’t understand us or we think so. That means if someone lies to you, they might be wrong, but you also need to ponder upon why someone lies to you.
While many people have to lie to save their loved ones from giving up. Doctors might lie to their patients when saving their lives. That is, some lies could be better than truth and work as therapy. For instance, saying to someone sad that everything will be fine, I am with you when you are scared and don’t know the solution yourself is a sweet lie.
Whatever the case, the biggest lie is not what we speak to others but what we do to ourselves. Moreover, lying to ourselves can never do good. It will keep us in illusion and dark. Not accepting what belongs to us and taking what doesn’t is the lie we are not telling but the lie we are living.
Today, people run away from the truth to follow the majority, avoid the dire consequences, satisfy their so-called ego or remain in their comfort zone. We know many a time what is right and what is wrong. But we choose the wrong one out of fear and selfishness.
Liars might pretend to be happy, but they are not satisfied from the inside and live a fake life. Truth brings inner satisfaction, no matter if anyone supports you or not. Remember, you have to say hundreds of lies to help one lie. Moreover, you have to remember your words every time. Liars betray some innocent, and one day they find themselves lonely with their lies.
We are immaterial and should connect with our inner selves. But, unfortunately, we have bound ourselves with the materialistic world and now consider ourselves material too. That is the reason we are losing the real us and becoming a lie.
For the betterment of humanity, we all should strive to stop living a life of lies and adopt the truth. To walk the path of truth together, leaving the lie one, I want to share some of my favourite liar quotes with you all.
Here are 41 of the most eye-opening liar quotes to beware of lying. I believe these liar quotes will help us stop betraying ourselves.
41 Most Eye-opening Liar Quotes To Walk The Path Of Truth
- “The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool.” –Stephen King
- “It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar.” –Jerome K. Jerome
- “All liars … lie to protect themselves, to shield their egos from the raw pain of truth.” –Aminatta Forna
- “Once you place that crown of a liar on your head, you can take it off again, but it leaves a stain for all time.” –Terry Goodkind
- “A liar begins with making falsehood appear like truth, and ends with making truth itself appear like falsehood.” –William Shenstone
- “The fact that so many successful politicians are such shameless liars is not only a reflection on them, it is also a reflection on us. When the people want the impossible, only liars can satisfy.” –Thomas Sowell
- “The liar was the hottest to defend his veracity, the coward his courage, the ill-bred his gentlemanliness, and the cad his honor” –Margaret Mitchell
- “There is no such thing as a good writer and a bad liar.” –Amy Bloom
- “A good liar knows that the most efficient lie is always a truth that has had a key piece removed from it.” –Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- “The problem with being a liar is you can never believe anyone else.” –Chloe Thurlow
- “A liar is a liar and lives on the lies he tells and dies in a life of lies.” –Carl Sandburg
- “A hero must be honorable, must have honor. And you can’t have honor if you’re a liar. There is no honour in lying.” –Jesse Ventura
- “Anybody who says they are a good liar obviously is not, because any legitimately savvy liar would always insist they’re honest about everything.” –Chuck Klosterman
- “Lying is done with words and also with silence.” –Adrienne Rich
- “There are no ‘perfect liars’ in the world; there are only ‘perfect believers’ who believe in even the most obvious lies!” –Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Be bad, but at least don’t be a liar, a deceiver!” –Leo Tolstoy
- “I don’t degrade anyone, but a liar and a person, who doesn’t keep his or her words, has not any value in my eyes.” –Ehsan Sehgal
- “Hate a liar more than I hate thief. A thief is only after my salary a liar is after my reality.” –Curtis Jackson
- “Great liars are also great magicians.” –Adolf Hitler
- “Of all liars the most arrogant are biographers: those who would have us believe, having surveyed a few boxes full of letters, diaries, bank statements and photographs, that they can play at the recording angel and tell the whole truth about another human life.” –A. N. Wilson
- “Liars often set their own traps.” –Aesop
- “A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.” –Aesop
- “I’d rather not have anything than be a liar.” –Alicia Keys
- “You can best reward a liar by believing nothing of what he says.” –Aristippus
- “Liars are the cause of all the sins and crimes in the world.” –Epictetus
- “Liars need to have good memories.” –Algernon Sidney
- “Only fools and liars claim to know everything because the fool thinks all that he knows is everything and the liar knows there is no sufficient data to know everything” –Nyona Matende
- “Thieves and liars kill indirectly, unintentionally, and with no other weapon than their tongues and malice.” –A.E.H. Veenman
- “Honesty is of God and dishonesty of the devil; the devil was a liar from the beginning.” –Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Lying is the same as alcoholism. Liars prevaricate even on their deathbed.” –Anton Chekhov
- “Pigs are dirty, but I will tell you something dirtier: Liars! Untruth always smells like rotten garbage!” –Mehmet Murat ildan
- “One lie has the power to tarnish a thousand truths.” –Al David
- “Lies are like cockroaches, for everyone you discover there are many more that are hidden.” –Gary Hopkins
- “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” –Adolf Hitler
- “Every violation of truth is not only a sort of suicide in the liar, but is a stab at the health of human society.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Neither a fake friend nor a liar can be trusted, with a secret.” –Ellen J. Barrier
- “I don’t hate Liars. I just disrespect them, because they disrespect themselves in the first place.” –Revaz Eristavi
- “Unfortunately in today’s world a liar seems to be more reliable than a truthful honest man.” –Munia Khan