By learning from others experiences and struggles we can greatly improve ourselves. These 25 quotes about happiness will inspire and motivate you to be more happy and content.
Quotes about Happiness:
1. The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be
2. Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
3. Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.
- Dalai Lama
4. True Happiness is an acceptance of life as it is given to us, with its diminishment, mystery, uncontrollability, and all.
– Micheal Gellert
5. Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
- Thomas Jefferson
6. Happiness depends upon ourselves.
7. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
8. If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.
- Albert Einstein
9. Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.
10. In seeking happiness for others, you find it for yourself.
11. Whoever is happy will make others happy too. He who has courage and faith will never perish in misery.
- Anne Frank
12. Happiness is not a matter of good fortune or worldly possessions. It's a mental attitude. It comes from appreciating what we have, instead of being miserable about what we don't have. It's so simple? Yet so hard for the human mind to comprehend.
- Bits and Pieces
13. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
- Helen Keller
14. Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
- Storm Jameson
15. Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values.
- Ayn Rand
16. Nothing can bring you happiness but yourself.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. Sometimes we miss happiness by looking too far for things nearby.
18. Happiness is in your ability to love others.
– Leo Tolstoy
19. Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think.
- Dale Carnegie
20. It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
- Charles Spurgeon
21. True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
22. To be happy, one must rid oneself of prejudice, be virtuous, healthy, and have a capacity for enjoyment and for passion
- Madam du Chatelet
23. Happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don’t even remember leaving open.
- Rose Lane
24. The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.
25. Happiness is neither without us nor within us. It is in God, both without us and within us.
- Blaise Pascal