Prioritizing helps make the most out of time and be more productive. The secret to good time management skills lies in doing the tasks in decreasing order of importance. One can know what is essential by eliminating what is not. We all have 24 hours in a day. To live a productive life, we have to make each second of a day effective. However, this is not a piece of cake. Is it?
Only prioritizing your tasks is not enough. An intellectual check is required if the set priorities are right. Now, this needs a constant effort and a conscious mind. If your needs are different from your desires, it is best to prefer what we need over what we want most of the time. To do the tasks in decided order, one must be committed, determined, and avoid procrastination. This way, it will become a habit, and your instinct will guide you right all the way ahead.
Often, we are full of confusion and unable to understand what to choose among the given options. It makes it difficult for us to reach any conclusion. We have to face situations in personal and professional life continually that put us in a dilemma. We can tackle and come out of those situations by making wise decisions. It means sacrificing something for something else that is meaningful. If we could have everything in life, then there had not been any such word as a priority.
Taking my example, I prioritize the tasks keeping in mind a well-balanced life. A good healthy life is at the top. So, I start my day with mindful practices like yoga and morning green tea with my mother. Then I always give priority to healthy food over junk one. I have many hobbies. However, I prefer two of the first, which are my work and studies. Then, I follow my other interests. However, a few times, I don’t mind being lenient with myself. So, I go random in between to chill.
Now, the biggest question arises how we can know if we have chosen the right thing. The answer to it is straightforward. The purpose and the result will tell you. If you miss something or feel unsatisfied from the inside, even being busy the whole day, it might be a signal to reconsider your priorities. For this, we have to be utterly honest with ourselves. Without further ado, I want to share some of my favorite priority quotes with you all.
Here are 37 of the most motivating priority quotes to use your time effectively. I believe these priority quotes will direct you towards a more satisfactory and meaningful life.
37 Most Productive Priority Quotes To Be Successful
- “The first step to success is knowing your priorities.” –Arpesh
- “If it’s a priority you’ll find a way. If it isn’t, you’ll find an excuse.” –Jim Rohn
- “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” –Mandy Hale
- “Priorities are not about including essential but removing inessential.” –Nitin Namdeo
- “Know what matters most to you and be unwilling to compromise those priorities at almost any price.” –Frank Sonnenberg
- “Good things happen not by managing time but by prioritizing attention.” –Richie Norton
- “Life is short. Focus on what really matters most; you should change your priorities over time.” –Roy T. Bennett
- “Your priorities determine your happiness — place them in order and act on them.” –Francis Shenstone
- “Getting to the top should be a priority, but being aware of the reason for getting there should be the focus.” –Anonymous
- “Your thinking tells where you want to go, but your priorities dictate where you will reach.” –Nitin Namdeo
- “Let us reflect on what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that.” –Dalai Lama
- “Think of your priorities not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything.” –Dan Millman
- “It’s a matter of priorities. Do you want to win, or would you like to sleep? Do you want to win, or would you like to take a day off?” –David Boies
- “Your priorities are your character.” –Anonymous
- “Never make someone your priority when all you are to them is an option.” –Maya Angelou
- “Thinking changes priorities, Priorities change lives.” –Nitin Namdeo
- “Family has always been the number one priority no matter what happens anywhere else.” –Gloria Estefan
- “Your priority should not be to make living but to live life.” –Nitin Namdeo
- “Love is a priority. True love is being a priority.” –Ananya Aggarwal
- “Your decisions reveal your priorities.” –Jeff Van Gundy
- “Sometimes when you’re overwhelmed by a situation when you’re in the darkest of darkness, that’s when your priorities are reordered.” –Phoebe Snow
- “Your life will be a blessed and balanced experience if you first honor your identity and priority.” –Russell M. Nelson
- “I have this really high priority on happiness and finding something to be happy about.” –Taylor Swift
- “Sometimes things in life happen that allow us to understand our priorities very clearly. Ultimately you can see those as gifts.” –Mariska Hargitay
- “Never put your family, friends, or significant other low on your priority list. Prefer a handful of truly close friends to a hundred acquaintances.” –Sam Altman
- “When you have too many top priorities, you effectively have no top priorities.” –Stephen Covey
- “We don’t drift in good directions. We discipline and prioritize ourselves there.” –Andy Stanley
- “Productivity refers to both the action and the result of a process that centres on assessing one’s priorities and then acting on them.” –Melissa Steginus
- “As priority changes love changes.” –Tashiya
- “Don’t be a time manager, be a priority manager. Cut your major goals into bite-sized pieces. Each small priority or requirement on the way to ultimate goal become a mini goal in itself.” –Denis Waitley
- “Instead of saying “I don’t have time” try saying “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels.” –Laura Vanderkam
- “Your priorities aren’t what you say they are. They are revealed by how you live.” –Anonymous
- “The root of productivity is in personal priorities. Know what matters to you and why.” –Melissa Steginus
- “Lack of time is actually lack of priorities.” –Timothy Ferris
- “There is no one busy in this world, it’s always about priorities. You will always find time for the things you feel important.” –Nishan Panwar
- “Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “To change your life, you need to change your priorities.” –Mark Twain